Monday, April 8, 2019

Celebrating Easter

Hello again and happy Monday! I'm glad you made the effort to come for a visit, whether you are new to my blog or a regular. I appreciate you taking time out of your day to be here.



Easter is right around the corner. From Good Friday to Resurrection Sunday (Easter), it is the most sobering and hope filled time of the year for Christians everywhere. It is the celebration of the death and resurrection of the Lord Jesus Christ. We celebrate His death, because He died for us and we celebrate His life, for one because it gives us the hope of our own resurrection, but there are many more reasons. The Bible is filled with promises from God that hinge on the resurrection of Christ.



John 11:25-26(ESV) 

25 Jesus said to her, “I am the resurrection and the life. Whoever believes in me, though he die, yet shall he live, 26 and everyone who lives and believes in me shall never die. Do you believe this?”

So, in honor of the Lord Jesus, I want to focus this post on Him and the Easter celebration. Even if you aren't a Christian, keep an open mind and read on. God may have a reason for you reading this today, so stay put and see.



Quotes:

"Our Lord has written the promise of the resurrection, not in books alone, but in every leaf in spring-time." 

"Easter says you can put truth in a grave, but it won't stay there." 

"Outside of the cross of Jesus Christ, there is no hope in this world. That cross and resurrection at the core of the Gospel is the only hope for humanity. Wherever you go, ask God for wisdom on how to get that Gospel in, even in the toughest situations of life."

"The happy ending of the Resurrection is so enormous that it swallows up even the sorrow of the Cross." 
Poems:

"An Easter Carol"
Tomb, thou shalt not hold Him longer;
Death is strong, but Life is stronger;
Stronger than the dark, the light;
Stronger than the wrong, the right... 


"Easter" 
Most glorious Lord of Lyfe! that, on this day,
Didst make Thy triumph over death and sin;
And, having harrowd hell, didst bring away
Captivity thence captive, us to win:
This joyous day, deare Lord, with joy begin;
And grant that we, for whom thou diddest dye,
Being with Thy deare blood clene washt from sin,
May live for ever in felicity!

And that Thy love we weighing worthily,
May likewise love Thee for the same againe;
And for Thy sake, that all lyke deare didst buy,
With love may one another entertayne!
So let us love, deare Love, lyke as we ought,

Love is the lesson which the Lord us taught.


"O Savior"
O Savior, Divine God takes on flesh,
A plan from the beginning, prophesied Christ,
O Savior, such sorrow brought great sweat drops of Blood,
A prayer Not my Will, but Thine be done,
O Savior, what Passion for Thy Glory and Thy Sheep,
Whipped, beaten, pierced through Thy hands and Thy feet, 
A crown of thorns, a Cross of death, carried to Calvary,
O Savior, lifted up like the serpent of old,
Look to Me and be saved, You say, a Grace more precious than gold,
What Mercy, what Love, too amazing to comprehend,
O Savior, Your Blood poured out, Your life given, my sins forgiven, You bore them all on the Cross,
From the Father separated, the price of sin owed, the price of sin paid,
You cried out "It is finished" and the Victory was won,
O Savior, the Veil was from top to bottom torn, 
O Savior, my Mediator, to the Father I come.
Praise the Father, Praise the Son, Praise the Spirit, Amen,
O Savior, my Savior, the Victory won.
-Sandy Kay Slawson

Favorite Easter Songs:

"Because He Lives"

"How Deep The Father's Love For Us" 

"In Christ Alone" 


Short Gospel Message:





I hope you have a Happy Easter, but most of all, I hope you will think about the reason we are celebrating. Bunnies, Easter egg hunts, candy filled baskets are all fun, but if that's all Easter is to you, then you are missing out on the greatest joy of Easter. May God bless you and your family this Easter with true joy that can only be found in the Death, Burial and Resurrection of Jesus Christ.



Housekeeping:
The next couple of Monday's I will be taking an Easter blogging break, not to mention it is Camp NaNoWriMo month and so far I haven't made much progress. Last week I had appointments and obligations every day, so I really need time to focus on my writing/editing AND there is still my proposals to finish. I won't be able to relax and enjoy my editing and writing until I get those sent in. So, I'll plan to put out another blog on Monday the 29th. Take care and don't forget to subscribe and join my email list, so you don't miss out.

**I have chosen the book for my May Read&Review, Before We Were Yours by Lisa Wingate. If you want to get a head start, you can follow this link

2 comments: