Monday, June 4, 2018

Daily Assignments

Two Sundays ago, Pastor Keith Zachary of New Covenant Church in Denham Springs, Louisiana shared a page of his journal with the Church.  It is a very helpful plan to live each day intentionally serving the Lord and others.  I asked him if I could share the journal page with you, and he graciously agreed.  He did want me to mention that in the bottom left corner, is a quote that he does not remember where he found it.



Now, Bro. Keith Zachary as a pastor will choose to do each of these tasks each day in the way that suits him as a pastor, with a pastor's life.  I'm sure how I do them, will be different from you or him. Each of us, though, can use these prompts to help us to be more aware and intentional in how we are serving.  I don't want to live a life that only focuses on myself and I am sure you don't either, but we can become so caught up in our everyday tasks, that we don't take time to think about what would bless the Lord and others.  These things don't need to take a long time each day, but if you get into the habit of doing it, I'm pretty sure it will make your day richer, and you will see the blessings that you are receiving because of it.

Here is a page in my planner. To the left is where I wrote down the number of the assignment and then what I did (on the 28th, I wrote it above).  


So, if you are looking for a simple way to work on your spiritual growth each day, this is a good start. Thanks again, Bro. Keith, for sharing this with us. Here you can find the link to New Covenant Church and they can also be found on Facebook.

Update on my writing journey:  I have been in contact with several publishing companies, Writers and Authors, learning, researching and getting lots of advice. Still praying and seeking God's Will.  I am working on editing Chapter 15 now.

In Christ,

Sandy Kay Slawson

4 comments:

  1. Thanks for sharing this with us Sandy! It's very helpful!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I found it helpful, too! Glad to share it.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yes... love the intentionality of it...plan to live or Christ...It's His Kingdom....

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yes, I loved that, too! It is so easy to put a number on my calendar as a reminder to take a minute to look and think about the assignment. It really doesn't take long, but can make a big difference in our day or someone else's day.

    ReplyDelete