Monday, February 11, 2019

The Gift of Love


Happy Monday! Today I am looking forward to February 14th, Valentine's Day. I have a little advice, a little encouragement and some gift suggestions. I plan on celebrating with my Valentine, my Sweet Hubby and other family. Our traditional supper is steak and spaghetti, although spaghetti squash will have to do for me this year. I have been blessed with a loving husband and a loving family, but most of all a Loving God, because He has blessed me with them all.


God is Love and the love He has given us through the giving of His Son, the Lord Jesus is the greatest blessing. He shows us His love in other ways, too. He gives us family, friends, husbands, wives, special someones, children, grandchildren... Valentine's Day is a great day to celebrate the love you have for others and the love they have for you. 



Although many see Valentine's Day as a day for couples, I don't think it needs to be confined to that. As I said, it's a day to celebrate love. If you love anyone in your life, if anyone loves you, celebrate that relationship. If you are single and you can't help feeling left out, have you ever thought that Valentine's Day may be a good day to pray that God would lead you to the one He has planned for you when it's the right time? In the meantime, ask the Lord to help you grow into a person that will make a good spouse for that special someone. Caring enough about your future spouse to work at being the best you can be for them? That is a great gift.


Do you have a loved one that has lost a spouse? Maybe Valentine's Day would be a good time to invite them out for dinner or in some way take their minds off their loneliness for at least a little while. If you are not part of a couple, don't let that get you down. Find a way to celebrate the love of God and the many gifts of love He gives us. Be a blessing to someone else who may be feeling lonely.



If you are one who gives gifts on Valentine's Day, I thought I'd help you out by giving you some gift ideas. They are all books, but are you surprised? 😁




Children:

Berenstain Bears Lessons in Love by Jan and Mike Berenstain

Love Is . . .by Adapted From The King James Bible and Wendy Anderson Halperin (Illustrator)




Teens:

Holly's Heart by Beverly Lewis

The Guy's Guide to God, Girls, and the Phone in Your Pocket: 101 Real-World Tips for Teenaged Guys by Jonathan McKee




Singles:

The 5 Love Languages (singles edition) by Gary Chapman

God Send Me My Husband by Sherylynne L. Rochester




Married or Engaged:

The Love Dare Day by Day by Stephen Kendrick and Alex Kendrick

Love & Respect by Emerson Eggerichs


Love Stories:

Redeeming Love by Francine Rivers


My Valentine by Tracie Peterson


Valentine's Day Ideas Book:

Christian Valentine Day by Dr. Miriam Kinai



We can all celebrate God's gift of love. I hope you, your family and friends have a very Happy Valentine's Day this year.  God Bless You!

In Christ,

Sandy 


P.S. 
I am enjoying my Read and Review book for this month, True to You by Becky Wade. I plan to give my review by the end of this month. Stay tuned! 

No comments:

Post a Comment