Monday, March 26, 2018

The Personality to Write





I am an INFP,  some of you may not know what that means, and some of you not only know what those letters mean, but you know your own letters and what they mean.  I am talking about the Myers-Briggs 16 personality types.  This test categorizes people into certain types based on answers given on their personality test.  Most people I know who have taken this test are amazed at how accurate it is.  My letters INFP stand for Introversion, Intuition, Feeling and Perceiving.  As a graduate in Psychology at the University of Southern Mississippi, I find the study of personalities very interesting.  But...why am I talking about that here?  Well, if you search on the different personalities, you can find a list of famous people in your category.  Some of the ones listed in mine are: William Shakespear, C.S. Lewis and J.R.R. Tolkien!  Now, I am not saying that I am in any way on their level as a Writer, but the point is that being an INFP is in part, having the need to create.  Many of us are painters, sculptors, and writers.  It is in our DNA.  

God has created us with an instruction book for life within us...DNA.  It determines how we look, think, react, understand the world around us and even our personalities.  Yes, our environment comes into play and can either stifle our natural born tendencies or it can encourage them.  God is a God of order and He has made DNA as a pattern for life and He has made us exactly the way He wanted to make us.  Some of us He made like me, but how did He make you and who else is like you?  I want to use this desire built inside me to create, as a means to glorify the Lord.  I have been made in His image and He is the Creator of all, including my DNA which dictates my personality.


Genesis 1:27 ESV
"So God created man in his own image, in the image of God he created him; male and female he created them."


Psalm 37:23 KJV
"The steps of a good man are ordered by the Lord: and he delighteth in his way."

Maybe you would like to find out who God created you to be?  These tests aren't 100% on the mark, after all, the environment we grew up in does make a difference, but it can be almost eerily close.  Here's one of the links for taking this test.  If you take the test, I would like to hear about it.  See if the job, life you are living lines up with what you were created to do.  After you get your results, do a search of the careers people with your personality usually do.  It's really very interesting.  I would love to hear all about it, so comment below and let me know what you found out.  Have fun!

Discussion and Comments:

2 comments:

  1. ISTP: "Nearly any creative or constructive skill or interest can be offered on a freelance basis or on a business-owner’s own terms, be it blogger, systems analyst, athlete or driver."

    Police Officer, Detective, Forensic Pathologist, Computer Programmer, Systems Analyst, Engineer, Construction, Mechanic, Farmer, Pilot, Athlete, Entrepreneur

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hopefully, your personality's strengths will serve you well in whatever line of work you end up in! It sounds like you would be good at many awesome jobs!

    ReplyDelete