Monday, April 16, 2018

Back to Reality

Well, sort of.  I am back to reality bodily.  Back to the daily routines and chores.  Back to real life, except my mind, which is at least some of the time still in the fictional world I have created around the characters in my book.  Bodily, I have been on a working vacation with my husband.  Spending hours on the beaches and by the pools at or near our hotel in Florida.  Working on my book, while hearing the waves roll in or the waterfall by the pool splash down, was wonderful.  It's hard to say goodbye to days full of fun in the sun or writing in the shade, as the case may be, but real life calls.  



So, it is back to writing in between doing dishes, folding laundry, taking care of animals, etc. etc.   Finding time to do the necessary things of life, even has to happen on vacation, but any responsible person will do what needs to be done, even if they would rather be doing something else.  Some things are just harder to make yourself do than others.  Most people have jobs they go to most everyday. When they go to their job, no one expects them to do anything else and when they leave work, they don't have to think about it until the next day.  I know some jobs aren't like that, work follows them home,  but when your job is at home and in my case is the home, as well as my writing, there is no getting away from it, except to go on a vacation or take a long weekend away.


Sitting on the beach, I could stare at the sky and think about the blue of my hero's eyes and how to describe that kind of blue.  I could stare at the green of the water and think about how to describe the green of my heroine's eyes.  With my husband beside me, encouraging me to take the time to write, the only distraction, was the sound of a pelican or seagull nearby.  If I had those kinds of working conditions all the time, I could write a book in no time.  But, real life calls and I will write as I can.  I am on the last two chapters, though.  So, I made great progress.   I am so thankful for the chance to get away and a husband that takes me away every now and then and encourages me to write.  





I hope you are able to take a break from reality sometime soon, too.  Even if it is only through the pages of a good book.  Maybe it will be mine!


In Christ,


Sandy Kay Slawson


2 comments:

  1. I like the way you write Sandy and am looking forward to reading your book some day soon :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you! I am looking forward to it being read! :)

    ReplyDelete