Monday, December 3, 2018

Wonderful Chaos

Good morning! Monday is here again and I am excited about it. Today, I want to tell you about some of the things happening in my life since last Monday.

Renovations!!


About last Wednesday, our Contractor who has been coordinating work on the outside of our house told us it was time to start work inside. Well, it has been go go go, ever since. Right now my kitchen is unusable. We are having to move everything in the house to make way for painting and new flooring.  Thankfully, my Mother and Father-in-Law live close by, so we have a place to live, for the next several days. Some of the painting has begun.  My cabinets have been painted and some of the walls primed, but the painter plans to be back today and the flooring people are supposed to come Tuesday or Wednesday.  There is plenty left to do and it is hard work, but I am really excited about all the changes.

Our house was built in the 60's, and there had been very little updated since then. We have been in the house for five years, so I am really happy to see the end of the worn, broken and outdated parts of our home.

Here some pictures of our wonderful chaos:









So, you can see the house is a disaster, but it is all going to be worth it, when it is done and we see our planning and dreaming come to fulfillment.  Life is like that. We may have hopes and dreams, but they are rarely ever realized without hard work and perseverance. This renovation project did not start happening overnight. It has been at least 2 years of making plans, finding a good contractor, working out the finances, making lists of priorities, etc., etc.  My dream of being an Author, is taking much more work, than just writing the story, too, but it is worth it to me. 

If you have a dream, don't give up.  If it's worth doing, it's worth working for.  If its God's will for you, then trust Him to help you accomplish your goal.  If it's not God's will, then you'll be wasting your time.  So, make sure you are seeking God's will for your life.



I have talked about my efforts to declutter and organize my house. Although, this mess and mixing up of my things, may seem like a derailment.  I think it will actually be a blessing.  I will hopefully be able to declutter and organize everything, before I put it away. It may take awhile, but I am excited about the prospect of putting my house back together better than it was. 

I mentioned last week, that I planned to enter a short story contest.  Well, with everything that started happening at home, I was unable to finish on time.  I do have a good start on it, though, so I found another short story contest that is open until December 10th. Hopefully, I can make that deadline.  I'm not making any promises, though. Also, I am still working on my proposals. I want to send them off before Christmas, but if I can't do it by then, it shouldn't be much longer than that.



Well, that's a glimpse of my life right now.  Good things are happening, but oh so chaotic.  I feel very blessed. Have a great week! May God bless you and your family, too.

In Christ,

Sandy



2 comments:

  1. So excited for you all! It will be so worth it, once it's all over! Love you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you! We are excited, too! It's work, but so fun. ☺ Love you, too! 😍

    ReplyDelete