Monday, August 27, 2018

The Race Is On!





Welcome back to another Monday Blog Day!  I hope your last week was a happy, productive week.  I personally pray most every morning, that the Lord Jesus would use me to honor Him in what I say and do.  That I would be productive and fulfill the purposes that He has planned for me.  Do you seek the Lord each day?  It's a great way to start your day.  I may not accomplish everything I have planned, but if I seek Him and honor Him while I am trying, I think that will be just fine.  I just know that without His help, I am a hopeless case.

A few weeks ago, I talked to y'all about the things I had upcoming on my "To Do" list.  The first main group of objectives was to get my second daughter married successfully, in a way that would be a beautiful memory for her and her now new husband.  I think that between me, my husband, my daughters, sons, bridesmaids and a few friends, we pulled it off.  Last week, I gave more details about that, so if you want to know more, check last week's blog post out.

Now, I am onto the next big group of objectives, before I head to the ACFW Conference 2018.  It will be my first Writer's Conference and I am SUPER excited about it and SUPER nervous at the same time.  I want to go make the very best impression that I can.  I will be surrounded by giants in the Christian Writing and Publishing world, and I can either go and make no connections and get nothing out of the experience or I can go be a memorable, sought after, up and coming Author ready and willing to learn from the best in the business.  The former is my goal.  Lofty...Yes!  Why do anything, if I am happy with mediocre?  I can do mediocre just fine by myself.  No, thank you!  I've lived enough years like that and frankly it makes me a little sick to acknowledge and admit that.

Here is the second portion of my list again, I want to talk about what I have accomplished and what still needs to be accomplished, before the September 20th start of the conference:


ACFW Conference: Things to do-

1.)  Finish editing Book 1: "Hope for Charity 


I am almost finished with Chapter 23.  My book has 24 Chapters and a short Epilogue.


2.) Continue to write Book 2: title TBD


I am on Chapter 6, so I am making progress.


3.) Decide on Title for Book 2 


I have one in mind, but not totally sure yet.


4.) Learn how to write a synopsis. 


I have studied this...some, but don't feel confident enough yet to start on it.


5.) Write a synopsis for "Hope for Charity" 


Nerve wracking!!  Hopefully soon...


6.) Print out several copies of manuscript. 


Not yet, but as soon as I get through my first draft edit, I plan to print out the manuscript and go through at least one more run through of Book 1. 


7.) Find Beta Readers


I have 3 in mind, only 1 of them knows it, though.  If they agree, I plan to send them a copy of my manuscript to read through and edit.


8.) Find a couple people for Peer Edits.


I haven't even thought about this one yet....ahhhh!


9.) Prepare pitch to the Literary Agent. 


I have no idea how to go about this....surely someone on YouTube will be able to tell me...


10.) Wardrobe update appropriate for the Conference. (working on a Wardrobe Capsule) 


I have several pieces that will work for the conference now, but not quite satisfied.  I plan to clear out my closet, hopefully today.  I have studied quite a bit, on the concept of Capsule Wardrobes and how to start one, so I think I am ready to begin.

11.) Have business cards made.  


I added this to my list, since last time, but I made the business cards and I am excited to see them when they come in. (@vistaprint)






Alright, that is where I am, and what I hope to accomplish, before the conference.  Now, if any of you reading this post are Publishers or Literary Agents or seasoned Authors, I would LOVE your comments.  Tell me, if I am forgetting something important or give me some pointers, please. 😊



To the rest of you very important people,  I would love some words of encouragement and prayers.  Following after a dream and doing what we feel the Lord is calling us to do, isn't easy.  I am WAY out of my comfort zone here, but being comfortable may feel good, but it doesn't really get you anywhere. So, get uncomfortable, and go where you are supposed to go.

May the LORD God bless you and your loved ones.

In Christ,

Sandy

No comments:

Post a Comment