Monday, August 6, 2018

Things to Do

Another Monday already?  Wow, time is flying by!  I guess it seems like it is flying, because I have so much to do over the next several weeks.  Well, I'll talk about that in a minute.  I am going to try to keep the next several blog posts short and sweet...well, I don't know how sweet it will be, but hopefully at least short or should I say, shorter?  Why?  First, I have a daughter getting married in less than 2 weeks.  Less...than...2...weeks! Ahhhhh! 😱 Busy is an understatement, by far.  Second, added on to that is the ACFW Conference next month.  Next month!  😰  So, I thought I'd run through my list of things to do with you.  (This is actually going to help me get it all in focus, I think.)





Wedding: Things to do-

1. Food-
    a.) plan for amounts needed
    b.) find serving dishes (hot/cold)
    c.) purchase food and store at church
    d.) talk with lady about what/when/where/how food prep

2.  Decorations-
     a.) Practice table set ups/take pics
     b.) Purchase any decorations still needed
     c.) Check with brother about wood slices
     d.) Church decoration list
     e.) Flower arrangements

3.  Clothing-
     a.) my jewelry
     b.) check with daughter about father and brother clothing/shoes
     c.) purchase clothing/shoes still needed

4.) Prepare house and food for houseguests/drop in guests.




There may be more, but that's off the top of my head.  This next 2 weeks with just that should be should be very busy, BUT next month is my ACFW conference!  It will be my first one, and I am not quite sure what to expect.  I do know though, that I have appointments with a Literary Agent and an Editor.  I also hope to have the chance to hobnob with some Publishers and some of my favorite Authors.  There are so many things I need/want to do, before I go, so I can get the most from the experience.





ACFW Conference: Things to do-


1.)  Finish editing Book 1: "Hope for Charity"


*12 Common Mistakes Editors are Sick of Seeing

2.) Continue to write Book 2: title TBD 
3.) Decide on Title for Book 2
4.) Learn how to write a synopsis.

Learn How to Write a Synopsis Like a Pro

5.) Write a synopsis for "Hope for Charity"
6.) Print out several copies of manuscript.
7.) Find Beta Readers
8.) Find a couple people for Peer Edits.
9.) Prepare pitch to the Literary Agent.

* How to Pitch a Literary Agent in 5 Easy Steps

10.) Wardrobe update appropriate for the Conference. (working on a Wardrobe Capsule)

* How to start a capsule wardrobe: a guide for beginners



So, there it is, what I hope to accomplish before September 20th.  And we can't forget my homemaking duties...cooking, cleaning, organization....school starts soon, too.

Ok, it would be really easy to get completely overwhelmed here.  Really, really easy, but instead I think I need to stop...breath...pray and remember that if this is God's Will for me, He will help me accomplish whatever He wants me to accomplish.  So, here are a couple 
Scripture passages I probably need to meditate on over the next several weeks:






If you think of me over the next several weeks, I would appreciate your prayers and even a little encouragement.  I hope that whatever you are working on, going through, battling...you are remembering that the Lord Jesus stands ready to help.  Call on Him, seek His Will for you.  Without Him, none of it matters anyway.  


In Christ,


Sandy

3 comments:

  1. Remembering you in prayer, Sandy, knowing and believing that the Lord will give you the needed strength for each task you have.

    "Today I Choose Joy" Psalm 46:1 (KJV)

    " God is our refuge and strength, a very present help in trouble."

    Love You, mama

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you! I know I can always count on you to pray for me! 😊

    ReplyDelete