Monday, July 2, 2018

Life is Full

Life is full of ups, downs, highs, lows and sometimes we can experience all of those things in a single day. Usually, it isn't that bad, but lately my life has been full of those emotional roller coasters.  I won't go into all the details of my life, after all I don't have all day or year to write this blog post.  I do want to share a little of my life with you.

The Flood of 2016

My house did not flood.  My house ended up being on an island.  Both ends of my street were flooded.  



This is a picture of my husband driving me on our tractor to higher ground, before we knew whether or not the flood would reach our home.  The flood however did get my daughter and her husband's home.  They had one year old twin boys and she was expecting my granddaughter at the time. 



This is a picture of the front of their house, before my husband and son-in-law gave up trying to save anything else and abandoned it.  Thankfully, most of their possessions were saved.  Long story short...

My Granddaughter was born and we have finally chosen the contractor to build them a house on our property and do renovations on our house at the same time.  Now, I left out about 2 years worth of stuff.  Some good, some not so good, but the long road to recovery looks like it does have an end.

In the midst of all of this....somehow...I wrote the first draft of my first Novel.  Wow!  Looking back, I can hardly believe I managed.  I started building my platform.  My Facebook Page was first, then this Blog, then Instagram, Twitter and hopefully a Website and maybe even a YouTube Channel is in my future. Why?  Publishers want their Authors to already have a following before they are published.  If you recognize my name, you are more likely to want to read my book.  So, here I am, a shy, introvert stepping way out of my comfort zone to introduce myself to the world and as scary as that is,  I am really really having fun doing it.

Anyway, life keeps happening.  Last Week, my Son and Daughter-in-law, gave us a new grandson.  Now, I have four precious grand babies! 💙💚💜💙


My 2nd daughter had her Bridal Shower.


My Husband and I celebrated 29 years of marriage!



The picture is a little dark, but you get the idea.😊

My mother had knee replacement surgery.


My Husband, Siblings and Dad gathering around my mother before surgery.  (It was successful, just recovery and therapy for her in the foreseeable future).

So, here I am now.  In the midst of all of that, trying to declutter and organize my house, while I edit my first Novel and do CampNaNoWriMo July, where my goal is to write 20,000 words for my second Novel.  I am 2,000 words in already! I am planning to meet with an editor and agent at the ACFW Conference in September to present my two Novels.  I am taking it one step at a time and trying to Trust the Lord to lead me.  With His guidance, my family's support and very little sleep, I might be able to do everything I need to do.  

You know what though?  I am so excited about all God is doing in my life.  As hard as it gets, because some of the lows are really really low, I know I am not alone.  God is always with me and He has given me a family that loves me and people who know what they are doing to help me.  God is Good.

P.S.
Don't forget to press my new handy dandy "Follow" button!  Sorry, it can only be seen from a computer screen, but hey, take a minute and let me know you are out there! 

In Christ,

Sandy Kay Slawson


3 comments:

  1. So proud to see you writing your book and starting on your second one! You know, I was about your age when I was "compelled " to start writing my blogs. This was back in the 1990's when we had computers but not all the things we have today. I would dream about putting them together in a book to publish someday. Well, Katrina happened and my writings were somewhat lost. But it seems I had sent some of them to my mother and found them when she moved down here. Also, I had so many "sayings" that were precious to me and when I finally started a blog on the computer, I put them all on the sidebar. Even though I have not written much lately, I can always go back and republish the "old" ones. I don't have a lot of following but perhaps I can be a blessing for Jesus Christ in someone's life, and that is what this life is all about.

    Keep pursuing your dream, the Lord will bless according to His will.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank y'all! I enjoy reading your blog, even though I don't see it every time. I'm glad you are sharing it with us. I try to keep in mind that what I write, may be meant for one person or many. I just try to write and trust the Lord to use it however He wants.

    ReplyDelete